::.. Tuesday, July 22, 2003 ..::

The CORS online bidding website is damn unreliable. For the second day, I can't add any electives! The system keeps telling me that I have not met the pre-requisites, but I so did. Emailed Ashraf Kassim today, hope to get a reply from him soon. As for the modules that I am going to take, I have more or less settled for three electives, HRM and my FYP. And they are, in no particular order:

EE3103: Communications
Communication systems consist of various different building blocks. This module therefore introduces the students to various aspects on communications system engineering with the emphasis on the following topics: Waveform representation and Digital modulation: PCM, Line Coding; Binary and Quadrature modulation techniques; Coding: variable length codes, digital facsimile systems; Tele-traffic engineering: traffic intensity, grade of service, lost calls cleared model and queuing theory; Multiple access techniques: circuit, message and packet switching; frequency, time and code division multiple access; frequency and time division duplexing; Television systems: camera and scanning systems, resolution and bandwidth, luminance and chrominance signals, and colour TV systems. Telecommunications systems: Time division switching systems; Mobile radio communication systems: frequency reuse, cellular structures, and signal propagation.

EE4411: Silicon Processing Technology
This module focuses on the major process technologies used in the fabrication of integrated circuits and other microelectronic devices. Each lecture topic covers important scientific aspects of silicon wafer processing steps. Simulations and laboratory experiments provide hands-on experience on basic operation and fabrication of MOS devices. Topics include: crystal growth and wafer preparation, epitaxy, oxidation, diffusion, ion implantation, lithography, plasma technology, etching, deposition, and metallization.

EE4412: Technology and Modelling of Silicon Transistors
This module covers the operation, modeling and fabrication of silicon bipolar and MOS transistors, the understanding of which is essential for the integrated circuit engineer.At the end of this module, students will gain a good understanding of the issues regarding the design and fabrication of modern silicon transistors as their dimensions continue to shrink. They will be exposed to the basic techniques of modeling, simulation and technology of these devices. Topics covered: MOS Capacitor: C-V characteristics, physical models; MOSFETs: long and short channel devices, threshold voltage, subthreshold behaviour, device scaling, short-channel effects, gate, drain and dielectric engineering; Bipolar transistors: structures and operations, high current effects, emitter, base and collector engineering; Polyemitter and Si-Ge heterojunction transistors; CMOS, bipolar and BiCMOS technology.

Of course, still pending while waiting for the results of my balloting. Hmmm... I may be able to slot in a CFM if I'm lucky.

I also realized my room is getting warm because of my computer. I can really feel the heat when I move my hand near the CPU. I better close the CPU to reduce the heat, and leave the window behind my CPU wide open for the exhaust fan to get rid of the heat.

And I want to buy a 2002 Subaru Impreza! The model of course. Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home