::.. Saturday, July 12, 2003 ..::

Have any of you had a feeling of absolutely HATING your family? I'm sure you guys do, as I did today. I know that I am writing this swayed by emotions, and I will one day realize that this is a bit ridiculous, if not childish.

NONETHELESS....

It all started out quite well, I was suggesting to my dad that I invest some of the money that he gave me to keep in my savings account in some funds. By the way, savings accounts give only about 0.3%, hardly anything. Given the inflation of about 3%, we are actually losing money by putting it in the bank. Anyway, I asked him if he knows of any funds that are worth investing in. Then he was saying things like "I can't tell you offhand now, I need to sit down and think about it, it's not 100% foolproof that you can earn money" and the likes. Fine... ok, so I said "So, I'll take care of it, do the research, and show you the stuff first?" And apparently, the part of "I'll take care of it" was too abbrasive for them, and they started ranting about "You know you must learn some social skills? The way you talk these days, how are you going to talk to your boss next time?" and the likes. Shit, I was sitting in the car thinking, what the heck are you talking about? Then my moronic sister had to jump in and add fuel to fire by saying "Yeah, next time just wait and listen-lah. Don't need to make any noise". What the hell! If I had a gun there and then, I would have blown her single-cell brain to smitherins. Heard that she is going to apply for Australian PR... hope she stays there and don't come back. So I had to endure a whole load of crap from my parents about speaking properly, not being so defensive, and the rest of the social etiquette crap for the rest of the trip to dinner. Damn, I almost blew my fuse.

Paint gate... failed. As expected, I could not wake up early to paint the gate. So, postpone to tomorrow, no worries. Got myself a spanking new bag today. Got it for RM80, which isn't too bad, considering it's S$35. Haha, don't know why I'm starting to think that way. And on top of that, it's a Nike! Just hoping it's not going to die the way my sandals are dying now. Teva rocks.

Going to change the title of my blog. Everyone seems to have the word "Life" in it. Gotta be a bit more original. What say... "on my path to death" or "step by step, to death" or "this thing called DEATH". Shall think about it...

Had to call Chi Anh today because she wasn't in, having a ball of a time at Sentosa. Jealous... So, waited until it was after 12 (cheaper, heh) to call, and spent almost an hour on it! Whoa... luckily I will be gone by the time the phonebill comes. And she mentioned something about going on a cruise... somehow I just don't like the idea of being surrounded by water as far as the eye can see, and knowing that if I get seasick, there is just no getting out of it! Boy, that will be tough. Imagine being seasick and nothing to do but to lie in bed and wishing to step on soil. So, still lots of thinking to do for that idea.

Was just reminded how great Voyager is. But now, not that great since Seven of Nine is not around yet. But still, Kess isn't a that bad replacement. Problem is that Voyager is on Hallmark at the unearthly hour of 630PM. Sigh, think I'll just go and find some episodes on the network, with Seven of Nine of course. I'm worried: I like a borg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home