::.. Friday, July 11, 2003 ..::

Wow, my holidays back home sure is busy. Been running to this mall, and that mall, and this supper place, and that breakfast place. Boy, I'm getting tired. So, today started out with a really sumptuous breakfast with Yin Chuin. Forgetting that The Prata Shop's portions are as small as Singapore, I ordered two prata cheese, figuring I would be able to finish it with room for some extra tose if I felt like it.

I was wrong.

One prata cheese in Malaysia is at least twice the size of the prata cheese at The Prata Shop. Boy I sure was stuffed. Idea for the tose was also stuffed. And somehow, the people at the shop don't seem to have a clue what prata cheese is. Maybe not that popular. Anyway, it kept me full for the next 2 hours or so. So full that I could not even have a proper lunch with Jenny and Keng Joo at Sunway Pyramid. Yeah, met up with them there. Keng Joo took the bus (hero...) while Jenny was chauffeured there (as usual). I drove there, and the roads sure have chanaged around here. Spent 15 minutes driving around in circles. You have no idea how frustrating it is when you can see the building, but you just can't get to it because of the roads! ARGH! And I got a pretty nice Quiksilver t-shirt for RM49.90. I think it is a bargain... I think. Don't wanna think too much. Also got a pair of badminton shoes to replace my hole-y one in Singapore. Boy, today made me quite broke.

Wow, Ikea is having a clearing out sales. Everything is cheap, cheap, cheap! Wanted to replace the rotting rattan chairs in my tv lounge, but mom says "Rattan chairs still ok WAT". So, there goes the chairs. Next, was a cupboard to keep the books my dad is keeping stacked up on the floor. Real mess. Mom: "These cupboards no glass panel, dusty leh. And you sure it is sturdy enough or not? Thesedays, everything is plywood you know..." Well, it was 20kg. That has got to be a LOT of plywood. Anyway, there goes the plan also. Ended up with a drawer cabinet for my sister to keep her tonnes of KOREAN serial CDs and keep her tv on. Sigh, nothing for me, as usual.

Task for tomorrow: Paint the gate, go to Midvalley Megamall, have dinner with family and grandma.

Oooooh, my parents knew about Chi Anh for two whole months and I had no idea about that! Thanks a lot Sam for blurting it out. So, as usual, the interrogation began. Hey, what am I talking about, not "as usual". First time actually. Haha. So stuff like, who is she? how did you meet her? what do her parents do? is she still in Singapore? Surprisingly, they didn't really bother much. As in, those were the only questions I was "bombarded" with. Hmmm... I guess they think I'm finally old enough to think for myself! "Wah, Daniel big boy already!" YES I AM!!! Haha.

Alright! Final Year Project results are out! And I think I got my 4th or 5th choice. Gosh, I'm soooo happy. Sigh. But I guess it's okay. My supervisor, Teo KL, seems to be a pretty nice chap. And I even got a second supervisor, Tom Liew, from DSI. One supervisor not enough to teach me I guess. I suppose my lab is in DSI. Wow... I feel so... privileged. Will go pay Teo KL a visit next week, just to see how he's like, and the usual crap, aka apple-polishing. Hope I get an A or A- minimum. My second upper is at stake...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home