::.. Saturday, August 02, 2003 ..::

I'm officially broke.

After purchasing a Gun Metal Samsung 152S LCD monitor, I now have to shelve all my plans about PDA and handphones. True enough, I took about 1 1/2 hours trying to decide which monitor to purchase. It was a tough competition between the Phillips B4 series and the Samsung 152S. Specification wise, the Phillips B4 Series was slightly better, in the contrast ratio section: 400:1 compared to Samsung's 350:1. But, when I compared the two monitors side by side, I could not find any difference. In fact, in one shop, I noticed that the Phillips monitor was better, in terms of color depth. But, in another shop, I found out that the Samsung was actually better. So, feeling DAMN confused, I decided that it is all down to the settings of the monitor. Therefore, price is the same, specifications about the same: decide based on asthetic factor. And Samsung wins hands down. So, I am now S$518 poorer.

After opening my package and setting the monitor on my table, I found out that the monitor is slanted to the right!!! Argh! I'm pissed. I tried adjusting it to be straight, but it just didn't work. And then, the CD with the monitor drivers had a big, deep scratch along it. Luckily it still worked. Nonetheless, I'm gonna march (ok, take the bus) down to Sim Lim tomorrow and change this monitor. Grrrr... Apart from the crooked look, this monitor sure is fine....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home