::.. Thursday, August 07, 2003 ..::

Orientation Day Three

Freshies woke up to sit for the HA1004 Hall Admission Exam. Haha. They actually fell for it, the same way I fell for it before. Shall skip the boring parts, disability game included, to the initiation. This year's initiation is the MOST happening initiation in my four years in RH. As usual, initiation must include fire and some wild pattern to go along. And no, fire is not enough. We must have fireworks also. Imported from Malaysia of course. So, we used the sparkle type of fireworks. And that's where things went wrong. The fireworks burnt too fast, and three of them went of with a HUGE bang. Three big explosions. I could even feel the soundwave hitting me from at least 10 meters away. Sounded like machine gun fire. Anyway, the RHOCers pretended like everything was expected, and the freshies went back to the hall to cheer and celebrate master's birthday. For the uninformed, Master's birthday is always on initiation day. Haha.

On my way back, Avneesh asked a few of the guys to help clean up the mess. So, off to the roof we went. While cleaning, people were looking over the ledge. Curious, I looked down, and I saw (horrors) a patrol car driving around the car park. And then it was joined by another. And another. Someone must have reported the explosion to the cops. Anyway, we just continued cleaning the mess, especially the kerosine and the powder from the fire extinguishers. After that, we noticed the patrol cars were gone, but they were driving around YIH area. Obviously still looking for us. Best part was two policemen even found a lower rooftop. Thinking aobut our graduation, Hao Yun, Keng Joo, Oliver and I decided to scram. Haha. Yeah, I still want to graduate. So we walked back the long way, and strolled past two parked patrol cars. Two policemen were looking at the map at the YIH bus stop. Luckily the Engineering Faculty is a maze. Give the RHOCers some time to clean up.

Latest I heard, the cops found them (duh) and I suspect OSA will find out about it. Once that happens, heads will roll. Two heads that will definitely roll will be RHOC head's and JCRC Prez's.

Orientation Day Four

Mise en Scene in the morning and X-Men in the afternoon were cancelled. I wonder why. Could it be because of the initiation fiasco? Another reason could be because float needs freshies to help out. Not many freshies went down anyway. Started off with about 30 of them. By 430PM, it was 8 people. Float is rushing, even right now while I'm typing. But I don't think I'm going down to help out. Nothing to help out with also. Comm hall is full of people doing stuff. Nothing for me there. The main structure is bustling with activity. No space for me to do anything. Some freshies were even bumming around doing nothing. Oh yeah, Shaun was busying kao-ing a Malaysian freshie. Very fast... as always. Will this be the year for our president....?

My LCD Monitor

After taking it to Sim Lim Square for the third time this week, they found nothing wrong with it. The damn blurry fonts didn't appear at their place. They suggested I changed the refresh rate, or change the cable. So, I went back, uninstalled the goddamn Samsung driver and reduced the refresh rate to 60Hz, and it worked.

Finally....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home