::.. Tuesday, September 02, 2003 ..::

Argh I hate red tape!!! Especially red tape from Singtel!

After all the big decision making about which plan to subscribe to, which phone to purchase, and all the other crap, I am not getting any phone. And all because I'm a foreigner. For the benefit of every foreigner out there who wishes to subscribe to Singtel, I have listed out all the requirements that I could not find in their website. Maybe it was hidden somewhere in the "fine prints".

1. You must have a passport which is valid for at least 6 months, and an employment or student pass, also valid for at least 6 months.
2. You must pay a S$200 deposit. Must be paid at comcenter. So might as well get the phone at the Hello! Singtel at Comcenter.

(here comes the crap)

3. You must have a letter of tenancy to prove that you are indeed staying at the place where you said you are.
4. If it says you will be staying there for less than a year, you can only sign for a one year plan.

Well, unlucky me is only going to live in my beloved RH for less than a year. So, I can only sign up for a one year plan, which will cost me an extra S$100. And on top of that, I need to pay yet another S$100 for some other reason which I wasn't listening. I really wanted to say to him "So, you are telling me that I spent 1/2 hour travelling to comcenter and another 45 minutes waiting in the queue to find out that I can't sign up for a 2 year plan?" and make him taste fist. But... nah, wait till I work out more. Haha.

But, the girl serving at the counter next to him made up for the all the crap. While waiting for my turn, had nothing else to do but to check her out.

So, it's 5110 until I become a PR or move into my permanent place.... AFTER GRADUATING!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home