::.. Tuesday, September 09, 2003 ..::

Last Saturday, I went into the toilet to find a piece of shit nugget sitting on the floor. Yesterday (Monday) the piece of shit nugget was still sitting on the floor although the cleaner had already "cleaned" the toilet. Today it is gone. Thank God.

For the first time, I did not fall asleep in today's HRM class. Mainly because the topic that was being discussed was "Diversity", with a lot of coverage of nationality, race, discrimination, and other controversial issues that I like. So, eyes were wide open. During one of the group's presentation, I wanted to ask this question: "If there are too many of the minority group members in the managerial level, wouldn't it create tensions to rise between this minority group and the majority group members who are in the lower work level?" Of course, this would draw comparisons with what happened to the Indonesian Chinese who controlled most of the country's economy. And what happened during the Asian economy crisis of 1998? That's right... the Chinese were screwed... literally. Anyway didn't bring that topic up, might have been too sensitive.

And my presentation drew a lot of blank stares from the class, particularly from Jenny. Remind me not to talk politics to her next time. Also, the fact that I did not practise at all clearly showed when I forgot almost half of what I was supposed to say. But, good thing that it is over, and can finally concentrate on my other modules.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home