::.. Thursday, October 16, 2003 ..::

Been a while since I have posted. Been thinking about the second upper and second lower issue again, especially after seeing sherine's nick. Looks like she is in the same situation in me. But I don't think hers is as serious as mine. For me, anything less than an "A", and I can kiss my 2:1 goodbye. Also learnt that a whole lot of other people are in the same boat as me. After much thought, decided to just go for it, because althought ONE person told me to just slack and settle for 2nd lower, and even another asked me to slack and get a third, another 7 other people told me to go for it. Nothing to lose anyway. But then, I can more or less know by the end of this year. If it's not 5.0 this semester, then forget it man. Haha. Either way, I'm just bracing myself for the worst.

Went to the library last night (!) to photostat some stuff from books. But, after discovering that I had to photostat roughly 200 odd pages, I just put the books back into the shelves. So, just decided to study until the library closed. Somehow, I studied more within that 1 1/2 hours in the library than what I would have studied the entire night in my room. Think I will go there a bit more often. I like air cond too.

And I just found out that the monochromator for the laser to be used in my FYP will be coming in about 8 weeks. Gee, what am I going to do for my CA2? This calls for desperate measures. Better email my supervisor more often from now on.

And here's a little something from a "Trainspotting" poster I found... sounds real cool.

"
Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television. Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace you. Choose your future. Choose life.
"

More like Choose to study. Sigh. Back to the books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home