::.. Saturday, October 04, 2003 ..::

Decided to delete the previous post because, after thinking about it, it seemed like a personal attack on her and I don't want my blog to be a place for me to attack people. Not that fair. But, still, what myself said is true. And will need serious thinking about what myself thinks.

Strangely, I never thought twice about spending my parents' money on education before. As in before coming to Singapore. My plan last time was to take SAM, study in Australia, and that's it. All on FAM (Father and Mother) scholarship. But after coming to Singapore, I don't konw what changed my perception on this matter.

But what one comment said was quite true, which never really occured to me before. In the current economic climate where employers are refraining from employing too many people, or are trying to squeeze every dollar from their employees, would they really want a fresh graduate with a post-grad degree? The post-grad would obviously demand a higher salary, and would employers want that? Maybe in some sectors such as R&D or production, but I don't think it applies for many other sectors. Employers would be satisfied with someone with a B Eng. So, is M Eng really an asset then. Or would it be a deterrant?

How come nobody thought about doing an MBA after working instead?

And once again, stupid me decided to come up with my own opinions and got an ear bashing from her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home