::.. Thursday, October 30, 2003 ..::

It's all about concept....

Went to look for the PhD student today. Explained to her that it's starting to get urgent and I really need her to teach me how to do the deposition and stuff. But she again insists that I sit there and watch. Geez. It just doesn't get through that thick skull. Then, I explained, through seething teeth, that I need my OWN results to show during the presentation and to my horror, she said that I have already done them. Duh... say what? She thinks that I can use her results. Damn! What a totally WRONG concept! I then told her that it's not that way, she has to teach me how to do so that I can do the tests myself. Being a bit confused (?), we went to talk to her supervisor. After listening, he agreed that she must teach me how to do the stuff, ON MY OWN. And it took quite a while for him to explain to her what ON MY OWN means. Meaning, she cannot start before I was there, and she must teach me step-by-step, and she must be around when I do the stuff on my own. She did get a bit of a ticking-off in the end because he thought I would have known how to do the experiments on my own by now. Obviously not. Anyway, bottom line is that she is going to teach me step by step, and let me do the stuff on my own. Phew. Took MONTHS for her to understand.

Boohoo... my EE4411 results suck. If this is the reward for my "best" effort, I can forget about 2:1. Actually, I am really praying to keep my 2:2 judging from how badly my FYP is going. Who knows, it might pull me even down, to THIRD FUCKING CLASS! Geez...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home