::.. Wednesday, January 21, 2004 ..::

Last night was my last hockey training in Raffles Hall, ever. Actually I wonder if I will ever play again, since I will be moving out next semester. I know of seniors who vowed that they will come back every Sunday to playhockey, but then, reality is when people move out, they will have other commitments which are of higher priorities. Therefore, instead of trying to be idealistic, I shall say that I might not be playing hockey again. Gotta return the hockey to Veron, and the hockey bag to Tai. And last night during training, all three Daniels have completed the sacred ritual... of getting hit in the toe by a hockey ball. This time it was Daniel Kwok. Quite unlucky, being hit by the ball during the last attack of the training. And it's the last training guys, try not to injure our own players.

After training, Shaun asked if I wanted to watch Last Samurai. Fine by me. Was a good movie, but I heard some reviews that said that the movie didn't really depict how Japan really was during that period. The samurais were portrayed as being noble and loyal, without a single evil bone in their body. However, in reality, from what I heard, samurais were often tempted by evil or succumbed easily to bribes. As for the final battle between the Samurais, and the "modern" Japanese army (relatively, of course, with manual-loading rifles, howitzers and machine guns of wheels), I don't have to say much about the outcome. Anyway, I'm sure you guys read your history.

Okay, last day of the Year of the Goat. Will be heading back to KL tonight by train from JB, with Yin Chuin, Jenny and Prem. Prem took over Chin Hooi's ticket at the last minute since Chin Hooi went back earlier with his aunt. Will be having our reunion dinners at ThaiExpress along Orchard Road. Thereafter, we shall head over to JB, where Jenny has not set her foot on for the past 6 years. Will go across at around 9PM, which will give us ample time to catch the train at 11PM. I don't think it will take us 2 hours to cross the causeway, but, just to make Jenny happy-lah. I mean, she wanted to cross over to JB at 630PM! Hehe. Sorry, but I just burst out laughing when I read that sms. But, forgiveable, given that she hasn't been to JB for ages.

This shall be my last entry. See you guys next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home