::.. Sunday, January 25, 2004 ..::

This is my first, and final entry from KL. Reason being that, I hate dialup! But, not as bad as last time when I only had a lousy PII and a 33.6 kbps modem. Now, I have sort of upgraded to a PIII and a 56 kbps modem, which gives a relatively fast connection. Updates since I came back to KL....

Arrived at KL Sentral at about 630AM, whereby I took a PUTRA LRT line down to Kelana Jaya. Reached Kelana Jaya at 710AM, which could have been earlier if only YC didn't have a sudden stomachache, which resulted in much farting. In the end, for his sake, and mine, he decided to use the toilet at Sentral. Surprisingly, there were TOILET PAPERS in KL Sentral. Just the day before, Prem, Jenny, YC and I were discussing about how shocked we were when we came to Singapore to find clean toilets, toilet papers, automatic flushing system, and even perfume spray to provide an enjoyable shitting experience. Of course, can't say much about the same in RH.

While travelling on the LRT, I was able to watch the sunrise in PJ, something which I have not witnessed since I was in secondary school. While we were still at the Universiti station, it was still pitch black. After we passed Asia Jaya station, we managed to catch a bit of sunlight coming out from over the hills nearby. By the time I reached Kelana Jaya, it was bright already. Wow, it was quite nice actually. Furthermore, at the station, while I was waiting for my parents, the station was really quiet. A few people waiting for the bus to arrive, a few cars on the normally insanely packed LDP... it sure was peaceful. Of course, the peace is only there to see on CNY or Hari Raya. So, was a rare catch for me.

The past 4 days were packed with visiting, collecting ang pows, sleeping, entertaining guests... and we managed to pay IKEA a visit too. It was really big, and we ended up buying two chairs for our TV lounge. As usual, they decided to buy these stuff when I'm around, so that they can exploit free labour. Spent an hour on each chair, plus a lot of sweat. Looks sure are deceiving. I thought I would be able to finish the chairs in an hour total. And as usual, the normal clearing out the rubbish routine which I practise when I come back. Out went the old magazines, old newspapers. Cleared up all the books piling up on the tables for no particular reason. All these junk accumulated in only 3 weeks. I wonder what will the house be like in a few months...

I think IHG hockey just ended. Wonder how the guys did. Wonder if they survived...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home