::.. Tuesday, February 10, 2004 ..::

I was in my room last night just back from lecture, and just had a nice bath at around 10pm. Was reading up on stuff that I was supposed to know, since I studied them last semester. But as usual, everything was given back to the lecturer.

Anyway, Fear No. 1 dropped by and asked if I could follow him to the hospital cos the takraw ball hit him in the eye. Was quite red also, so I thought ok, why not. Brought some notes to read since I know that it will be about an hour wait for the doctor. But, when we got there, the nurse said that it would be FOUR hours of waiting to see the doctor. Considering the fact that NUH is privatized, I was expecting better service than this. I think it is almost as bad as some government hospitals in Malaysia. So no choice, had to wait. So we were chatting and then decided to have dinner at kopitiam. Without his contacts, Fear No. 1 was as blind as a bat. He thought that the cover for a container to pack chilli sauce was the saucer for keeping chilli. And apart from that, some other blur moments from him. We were talking to kill time, and I didn't even touch my notes. But I found out that he was also in St Johns last time before coming over. And we were talking about some funny and gross moments when he was on hospital duty and me on North-South Highway duty. Just when I was going to die of boredom, luckily the TV was switched to ESPN! And all the while we were watching The Days Of Our Lives...

After arriving at 11pm at NUH, he finally went in to see the doctor at 3AM. Found out that the doctor was from RH before. Was the same guy that David Tai was telling me about before. JCRC, Phoenix Editor, Committee person of the year, and a medicine student. Wow. After seeing the doc, Fear No. 1 had to remove the contacts from the other eye. So, now he is really blind. When a nurse called him from a distance, he thought it was another nurse and went up to her instead. I don't know if it was coincidental, but the nurse he approached was younger, and better looking. Haha. Guys instincts. Luckily I was around at that time, or else Fear No. 1 will be walking back blind.

Reached back to my room at 4:15AM. Had a quick shower, and zonked out for the night.

Today, interview time. Arrived 50 minutes too early. Sigh... so I bummed around there and read some papers before I got called in. Didn't seem like an interview to me. No technical questions, and most of the talking was done by the interviewer. Explaining to me the job scope, what to expect, how the company started out. Wrapped everything up in 40 minutes. Okay, been a long day. Time to sleep.

9AM lab tomorrow morning. Fun fun fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home