::.. Wednesday, February 18, 2004 ..::

More updates on the PhD student... on Monday evening, on my way to class, I waited for the lift at the ground floor of E4A. When the doors opened, out she came. She saw me, mumbled a "hi", and looked back on the ground before scooting away. Even Oliver said she looked scared to see me. Am I really that scary? Maybe she thinks I'm stalking her. Please, if FYP were ungraded (yeah right), I won't even bother.

Seems that encountered hit the right chord in her. Today, went to look for her at her office, and after 2 weeks of trying, she dropped out of the sky and plonked in her seat. And not only that, she was so nice as to compile the results we obtained in Excel format, as well as some RAW format files that I need to extract. Hmmm... I think I still have some work left, hope to do some tomorrow. And leave with one big chunk next week. That should be the last thing to do.

Revamped my resume to be ready for the Job Fair. Tried to cut down to two pages, but even removing all my secondary school ECAs won't help. It's stuck at 2 1/2 pages. I guess it's still acceptable.

My toe nail is starting to bulge. Signs that it is going to come out. Also, the skin is detaching itself from the nail. Hmmm... very interesting sight indeed. Even after witnessing this amazing phenomenon for the umpteenth time.

Some new updates about DND pageant. The guys and girls lists are out: for the hunks, we have Aaron, Lord Long, and two other insignificant first years. For the girls, we have Puisan, Meiyi and Adele. Last I heard, we are still short of one girl. Lord Long being picky over who he will catwalk down the isle with I guess. And why is there only one final year? My batch can't be THAT bad, right?

Thesis writing has come to a sudden halt. Just ran out of steam suddenly. Can't get myself to start writing the chapter on past research. Studying SDR is also a headache. Especially the chapter on Hot Carrier Effects. Sheesh. Nothing seems to be getting in. And worse still, after checking the past year papers, I found out that there were NO FORMULA LISTS! So, we are going to do the memorizing game again.

Was speaking to SIEF about the job market. Apparently, microelectronics industry is picking up. Economist Eric Choo agrees too. However, he says stay away from computers and consumer electronics. Consumer electronics... that's just about everything. Anyway, heard that some of our seniors are working at SIA as aircraft engineers. Interested in that. Only thing is that I will have to go for yet another four year training course, where I will be given an allowance of around S$1,300 a month. Hmmm... 1300 will be a bit tight. And for four years. But, still worth considering. Only problem is if they will want me.

Staring my at DeLorean now... it's starting to gather dust. Gotta dust the bonnet, wing doors, the interior, the flux capacitor...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home