::.. Sunday, March 14, 2004 ..::

And with that, ends the most fun DND I have attended so far. Okay, that may be a biased opinion, since I was involved in it. Had a dance piece and a skit to add to that. Yeah, you can stop sniggering now. Together with Avneesh, Jinsheng, Sandhosh, Shaun, Long, Puisan, Joycelyn, Angela, Rohana, Shioli and Sherlei, we were... N'Sync! Not... Despite all the trainings, still managed to screw it up, BUT was still well accepted. Now I believe that even if you really SUCK, the hall will still support you. Haha. Everything was out of sync (ironically, the song was by N'Sync) and we all forgot our moves.

Skit was great. We acted out an example of an AGM, and purposely brought up some issues regarding the hall. And the Best Actor award goes to Eric Choo for his convincing and dramatic portrayal of MISS TANG! Also, some personal secrets became public domain, and some sensitive topics were made fun of. Of course, this is what it's all about. Making fun of people!

Next was a song by Block 6, with their own rendition of Afroman's "Because I Got High". But, the lyrics were changed to poke some fun at some personalities in the hall. I salute them for really coming up with such a great idea and great lyrics too. Best part was about Chin Yi......... Yup, silence. Gotta watch it to believe i t.

So, after DND, was half an hour of phototaking rush. At least we got 30 minutes, at first DND wanted us to board the buses 5 minutes after the end, which was quite crap. So, they did have some brains after all. Especially after the fiasco about alcohol in the hotel. As we all jolly well know, we need to pay some fees to the hotel if we bring in alcohol. And this tradition (yes, another one) has been going on for years. But, this year, DND decided to be nasty and informed the hotel beforehand that they will not pay the fees for the alcohol. Instead, the table will be paying. Although, yes, they are covering their asses. But, some of the final years see it as a threat directed at them, because DND already knew about the plan, and they told the hotel in advance. Anyway, alcohol was brought in and consumed with discression, until....

Mr X decided to tell everyone that he was not only high, he was totally drunk. And to further convince us, he puked all over the table, and started shouting vulgarities. And this was when the RH choir was performing Auld Lang Syne. How appropriate... So, unless the hotel staff were blind, I guess DND is going to be in quite deep trouble. This episode kind of got me thinking about drinking. Personally, I think that it is okay to drink, until you get high. Full stop. I don't understand why people want to get drunk. All you end up with is a mess, puke, a hangover, and a whole lot of embarassment. Now everyone knows that you are the first to get knocked out. And on top of that, the drunkard will make a scene, and spoil the mood for everybody. I quote what an exchange student said, which I think pretty much summed up what was going through a lot of people's mind then "Enough already, for Christ's sake". Yeah... enough already.

And while I'm on bitching, let's move on to Mr FU. Before dinner, I was taking pictures with people, when I saw Teng Kwee. I wanted to take a photo of him, and the only free person I saw was Mr FU who was sitting on the chair nearby. I asked him if he could take a photo for the both of us, and he just waved his hand. Come to think of it, it was more like shoo-ing me away. I was quite stunned because this is the first time I have seen this kind of attitude. And on top of it, he began mumbling something which definitely wasn't complimentary when I went off. I don't know what's wrong with this dude. Maybe he just had a bad day. Maybe I have said something to him to piss him off. Maybe he is just a fuckit. Maybe it is the group of people he hangs out with, which includes Mr CK. Mr CK is one weirdo. One minute, he can be damn friendly with you. Joking, laughing.... and the next day, when you wave at him when you see him nearby, he will just ignore you. Maybe he suffers from Male-PMS, and I don't know anyone else who has that.

And with that, I retire for the night. Goodnight everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home