::.. Monday, March 29, 2004 ..::

As of 12pm this afternoon, I have completed 4 modules. What grade I got for it is a whole different ball game.

After hearing some tips from our ex-pussydent, I brushed up my art of smoking before the presentation. In fact, I went in 45 minutes earlier to see how my examiner will pose questions, and also to psyche myself up for the impending smoking. And a-smoking we went!

Examiner: So how does the gate voltage cause the electrons in the channel to precess?
Me: Actaully, the gate voltage does not directly cause the electrons to precess. It all depends on the material that is being used as the gate. The gate voltage actually causes magnetization in the gate, which in turn, causes the electrons to precess. So, in actual fact, the gate voltage does not directly cause the electrons to precess, but rather, the magnetization caused by the gate voltage.
Examiner: What material is being used as the gate? I don't know of any material that has this ability of causing magnetization with voltage applied to it.
Me: That is the reason why the spinFET has not been created yet. It is still only at its initial stages of creation. It faces many problems, and this being one of them.

Okay, you guys get the idea.

Oh, joy. Time to start studying my other modules now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home