::.. Wednesday, March 31, 2004 ..::

A friend today asked me whether I am aiming for 2:1. I said no, because it is mathematically out of reach. It is worse than expecting Man United to win the premiership, at least that is possible. This isn't.

After that, I kind of contemplated on what has happened. Before entering university, I thought that if I graduated with a 2:1, that would be a consolation prize. Now, I am even out of reach of the consolation prize. Although my parents don't show it, I can tell that they are disappointed with my results. Let's recall an incident during CNY: my cousin (who is married, has kids, and is working in IBM) asked me what do I plan to do after university. So, after all the discussion about how lousy the job market is like in Singapore, she asked what my CAP was. So, I said not that good at 3.7. She thought it was good because, having been educated in USA, she thought that the maximum value was 4. However, when she found out it was 5, she kind of went quiet. And my mum added in "Yeah, a bit disappointed about it". Ouch...

I bet that will be the same kind of reaction from my secondary school friends and teachers. Disappointment.

Oh, how the mighty has fallen.

Okay, not exactly mighty. Oh, how the excellent has fallen. Haha... I kid... but, how things would have been if I had fulfilled my potential. Hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home