::.. Sunday, March 07, 2004 ..::

Sigh, everytime I see my blog, makes me feel more angry about what happened. It looks so disfigured... Okay, concentrate on FYP and exams. Blog can wait. Meanwhile, I can still type in my entries, which is the important part about blogging.

Today started at 8AM with law tutorial, as usual. The extra part would be that law lecture was for 4 hours instead. Okay, actually 3 1/2 hours. But it was still enough to send me to slumberland. Then, being excited undergraduates who are going to enter the fascinating working world in a few months, Jinsheng, Joo, Dave Wong, Jenny, Oliver, Wanying and I decided to pay the Career Fair at Suntec a visit. Found out that most of the booths there were educational booths, catering for students. Most of which are like Curtin University, Monash University, and some other universities that, in my opinion:

1. people will go if they have enough money, and want to escape the dreaded NUS or NTU or SMU in Singapore. Heck, any institution in Singapore for that matter. Good choice.

2. people who just can't make it, not being able to get into local universities, they just have to go to Australia or they will be degree-less.

3. people who want to take courses that are not offered in local universities.

4. people who don't know what to do with their money.

So, a lot of engineering companies with booths at the fair. Not much luck for Wanying though. So, we were busy collecting brochures from companies. Found ST Aero there together with S I A E ngineering. Going to be applying for SIAEng. Wonder why they have an oppening here, when they didn't have it on their website. While our idea was to collect brochures, and fill up some forms (like at SembCorp Marine), Joo and Jenny had plans of their own. They decided to organize their own Resume Distribution Auxillary, and gave their resumes to every booth they set their eyes on. For their effort, I give them 8 points, with 1.5 Room Points.

Then, had dinner at NYDC, where we had to line up close to 30 minutes. Only David decided to accompany me, followed by Joo towards the end, while the rest of them happily sat nearby and only knew how to complain why we had to wait for so long. Phew, in the end got to our seats, and the highlight of the day occured. Me, the hero, decided to have the "Dynamite" despite warnings about it being spicy. Well, I survived chilli padi, wassabi, kampong koh chilli sauce, McDonalds chilli sauce. How much worse could this be? A lot, apparently. For the first time in a long time, I teared while eating, and my lips got all red and painful even. Had close to 5 glasses of water to extinguish the fire. Man, I sure won't be having much hot stuff for quite a while.

Plans for new shoes scrapped. No time, and me being a picky, picky, PICKY buyer (ask weilin and haijie), couldn't decide on what to get. So, decided to get a shirt instead. Yes, very different from shoes, but I still need it. My second G2000 shirt since internship at SingTel. And my size hasn't increased. So much for gym. Speaking of which, my bicep is still aching, after a week. Must have torn a ligament or tendon or something. Lesson one: always warm up. Lesson two: same rule with eating hot stuff applies here, do not be a hero.

Dead tired now. Halfway with my thesis. Hope I can talk some bullshit and explain my lousy curves.

And Mr Hacker, damn you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home