::.. Saturday, April 10, 2004 ..::

Hoorah. First paper of the exams ended this afternoon. Was not bad, but I couldn't answer one very basic question. I just knew that I will overlook something like this, and sure enough, it happened. But overall, I think I did pretty okay.

After that, four of us went to check out some places for us to move out to. One house was at West Coast Road, which totally sucked! First of all, the house next door was demolished and was going to be rebuilt. This will give us a lot of mess, dust and noise. And I know all about it after the construction of the car park next to Block 5. And the "maid" room is totally not a maid room. A bed can't even fit into that little space. And it has toilet pipes running through it. Something like one of those laundry rooms in RH. The ground floor toilet is located OUTSIDE the house. How weird. Reminds me of those old houses where we will have to trek out of the house to the toilet hut to take a leak. So, this place is out.

Next place is at Kovan, which was at the other end of the world. On the way there, I realized that there is something about women drivers. The agent, who is a lady, drove in a weird manner: sort of riding the car, you know. Press the accelerator, release, then press again. Reminds me of how Val drives... I almost puked halfway. Another thing I realized was Oliver can't read maps! And I thought only women can't read maps. Looks like I was mistaken, because Oliver just disgraced the entire male population. Anyway, the house at Kovan is from a totally different planet compared to the one at West Coast Road. It is a 4+1 house, going to be fully furnished with TV, furniture, beds, hifi set, and even a swing in the garden. It has been renovated before, so it is really big. Best of all, it is really cheap for a house. Even cheaper than the one at West Coast Road. If possible, we would probably end up in this place. Nice... anyone wants to be our maid?

Now time to study law again. Before we go searching for other places tomorrow morning, again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home