::.. Friday, April 23, 2004 ..::

Just watched the news about the case of the priest on TV. Pleaded guilty and he has been sent to jail. In an interview with him, he said he is happy for the support by the other priests and church goers. I wonder why on earth are the rest of the community still supporting him when he has already been sentenced. Why support a person who has been proven guilty of embezzling money from their own church. And not only a few dollars, millions of dollars. These people are weird. They'll do anything in the name of religion. So I guess if I stole money and state out loud "I am a Christian/Catholic!", I will have this throng of Christians/Catholics support me all the way to the jail. Cool, I like this.

This reminds me of a story I heard about a very successful business woman who owned many stores and was nominated, or won, a prize of being business woman of the year. Something of that sort. Apparently, in her church, she was hailed as a heroine. However, when her company went bust, the church refused to be associated with her.

I really don't know what to say about the church when I hear of these stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home