::.. Friday, April 30, 2004 ..::

Redang was great. Boat ride there was not cool. And sunburn wasn't cool either. Overall, it was good.

Left hall in the evening to have dinner with the rest of the group at Bugis. Bummed around before going to Golden Mile Complex to bum again. After much bumming, we finally boarded the bus and were on our way to Kuala Terengganu. The highway was okay until we reached Yong Peng, where we went on to the trunk road. The bus driver was driving like a mad man, negotiating corners at high speed, with lights that gave a visibility of at most 5 meters. I decided then that it would be better to go back to sleep. Ignorance is bliss.

We reached KT at 630AM with, I think, 2 hours of sleep. Bummed even more before having breakfast and going over to take the boat across. This is where the totally uncool boat ride comes in. I wonder why I can't take boat rides, but I am perfectly fine with flights. Can't stand the waves. So while the rest were enjoying themselves playing cards in the boat, I was busy concentrating to stop myself from puking. If the trip was another 15 minutes more, my breakfast would have come out already. Just like a guy from another group on the same boat.

So, to make a 3D2N trip short, everyday was snorkling, diving, swimming, a bit of kayaking, karaoke-ing and eating. Food was good, much better than comm hall food. Yum. And Oliver has been crowned the Redang Idol for this season. All the others pale badly in comparison to him. Bought a t-shirt from a souvenir shop there too. Decided to buy a cheaper t-shirt after deciding that the more expensive glow-in-the-dark one was not worth it.

Too lazy to type anything. Reached Singapore in the morning at about 8AM, in time to join all the factory workers and students in the mad rush across the causeway. And some guy up front of the coach was snoring for a good one hour. Not just any snore, it was the LOUDEST snore I have ever heard in my life. Had a tough time sleeping.

Here are some photos:

My Photo Album
Ris' Photo Album
Ah Joo's Photo Album
Ah Siau's Photo Album

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home