::.. Wednesday, April 21, 2004 ..::

What made me so worked up yesterday night? Everything started fine, watched some EPL highlights, followed by Road To Perdition. Hmmm... oh yes, I remember now.

First, started with my chat with a certain someone through MSN. Time to apply for jobs now that exams are over. But I have to be prepared for rejections. Job application rejections are real bad. And I do not know how it's like. Really. But, I have gone through rejections before. Like, in all my applications. Almost all of them did not contact me back. One of them refused to give me an application form. So yeah, maybe the person's form of rejection or how the person handles rejection is different. But, hey, I also know what it is like. So don't come telling me "No. You do not know what rejection is like. I do."

At that point, I was already quite irritated, but hey. Exams are over. Don't let a small thing like this get to you dude! Go out and have fun! You're right man, when was that supper that Long asked me? Oh, it's now. Okay, let's go bum at comm hall. About to leave when a nieghbor asked me to wait for him. But hey, the whole group of people are waiting already. Another neighbor's backside got so itchy that he already went all the way downstairs. Okay, I'll take your order. What's it? Uh huh...*jot jot*... Ok, one packed fried rice and a bandung to go. Got it.

And off I went. While lining up, everything was fine. Then when it was my turn, neighbor appeared. So I ordered his stuff and mine. When his food came, apparently it turned out that he didn't want it packed. Then he was coming up with shit like "Oh, you all don't want me to eat with you all is it, want to pack my food. Hahahahahaha *deep breath* *silence* hahahahaha (the copyrighted hyenia laugh)" And one top of that, the Tasty Corner aunty was asking if I still wanted it packed or not. And knowing how pathetic my Mandarin is, I had some difficulty in telling her quickly. Then neighbor said ok leave it. By now, I was already quite pissed. Then came the hammer blow. "I didn't ask for bandung lah. I think you were thinking one thing, listening to another. Ahhahhahahaha (you get the idea) Next time can pay attention or not. Kamon... kakakamon... Hahahahaha" What the FUCK man! You're saying I heard you wrong? You ever thought that maybe you could have been wrong? And have you got any idea how bloody irritating that laughter is? Maybe you should record it down and listen to it some day. So with the half made bandung, I had no choice but to take it instead. And again, the aunty was asking if I wanted, and my slow response made things more irritating. Damn, I almost wanted to smash his face in. Good thing that Rohana and Wanying were there to calm things down a bit. Blood was boiling by then.

And it turned out my porridge was friggin' hot. And Eric was being irritating again... telling me not to be a wuss and take the whole thing down. Trying to calm my nerves, I just ignored him, and continued eating. Yum. Then Mee Ling started complaining that I am slow. Dammit, enough complaints about me being slow already ok! I've had enough from four years of eating with neighbor and Oliver already. I know I am slow. Can't you see this steaming hot porridge in front of me? And neighbor came up with his brilliang idea of putting ice into the porridge. I just chose to ignore him. So I just snapped back at her, which by then, everyone knew I was kinda pissed off.

So, conclusion of this whole drama, is that I'm sorry to Eric and Mee Ling for snapping at them. It was the result of all the built up frustration exploding out in one event. If you guys want to blame someone, blame neighbor and MSN chatter. Haha. Nah, just forget it. But I'm glad this happened too. Because next time, when I'm enjoying myself in my new place, I can look back at this and not feel so guilty about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home