::.. Sunday, May 09, 2004 ..::

Went over to Simei for a dinner treat by Stan. Was with the other guys from his batch as well as my other namesake. And it was a strictly all-guys night out. Food was good. Didn't know he knew how to cook that well. We had some kind of weird bread which tasted real good, brown rice, chicken with wine, some funny brinjal (Think this is how it's spelt) and of course, apple juice. No longan biscuits this time... After dinner, we checked out his room, which was made in Sweden. To be more specific, made in Ikea. Everything from his bed, his tables, his closet... were all from Ikea. But they were very nice. I think his table was custom built from the wood by them. Very cosy. Add a nice comfortable mattress, soft pillows, and an aircond, and I could have fallen asleep there. Almost... Later on, we had chocolate fondue with strawberries. Very nice! I shall try that next time. Had some nice chats, talking about what to do in future, while Perd kept moaning about his state of "stagnation". Not too sure what that means. At around 11pm, we all decided to call it a day, and I reached hall at 1145pm.

Woke up this morning sweating like a pig. Wait a minute... why isn't the fan on? Oh craps, forgot that the electricity was cut for some maintainance work. So I crawled out of bed, and headed straight for the shower. Hey, why is the water so cold? Oh yeah, the electricity is out. Time to turn on the computer. Hey it's not working! Oh... the electricity is... yeah, it's out.

So after lunch, instead of cooking myself in my room, I decided to go to town. Nobody was around, so poor me went to Ikea... alone. Looked through some nice furniture that I think will look quite nice in my new room. Have decided that I will get myself a book cabinet/shelves, a set of drawers and a bed table. If really necessary, I might need to get a table on top of my computer table. But, all in due time... After getting bored at looking at stuff and not buying them, I decided to take a 14 to town, where I went to meet Jinsheng, who was also melting in hall. That was the first time I was on a 14 in 4 years. Before university, that was my trusty bus to get me from ACS to town. Hmmm.. the good memories came rushing back into my mind as the bus drove past Touch Community Centre, River Valley Road, Patterson Road.... right. Anyway I reached town first, so I decided to look around, and I plonked myself nicely in Kinokunya. Picked up "Dude Where's My Country" by Michael Moore. After reading his first book "Stupid White Men", I'm sure this book will be a good read. There were several other books that I think will be good too, but no money to buy. Sigh. Think I'll be a member of the National Library. After meeting up with Jinsheng, we walked about more, and went over to Cineleisure. First time I was there since watching 2Fast2Furious. So, the place was also a bit different. For a moment, I couldn't find the arcade. No more laser mania. A lot of good memories in there too...

Went to have dinner at Harbour Front with Ris, Joo and Jinsheng. Food was okay. Place was alright. The babes were "yeah baby yeah". Loads of them. Man, Ris sure knows where to find the chicks. After more loafing about, decided to come back to hall. Luckily the electricity came back on. And my fridge almost got flooded. That was a close one.

So, finally got off my lazy ass to go to town today. The electricity cut was a blessing in disguise. If it weren't for the cut, I would have rotted myself in my room instead. Haha. Okay, that's enough excitement for one day. Time to read up for my interview on Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home