::.. Thursday, August 19, 2004 ..::

Here's a quick update before I continue with my packing. Yes, the big day is tomorrow and I am still busy packing. Well, at least I have already prepared everything, stockpiled all my stuff at one corner and my backpack is just waiting to be loaded.

Yesterday was Perd's birthday, so we all went to this place called Esmirada for dinner. It was a nice place for dinner, with candles and expensive food. Yes, expensive food again. I am now broke from having expensive food for the past 3 nights. And the entire restaurant was lit by candles and very, very small lights right at the top of the very, very high ceiling. So, I was almost walking around blind. Conserving electricity on the pretext of creating a comfortable environment. One point to highlight during the dinner was this very warped novelty that they have which is to break their saucers. During the course of the dinner, they started to play this very funny song, and the waiters started bringing out saucers and dropped them on the floor. They also passed some to the diners and we followed suit. So, Rashmi had one and she dropped it, but surprisingly it didn't break. Naturally, the next one she had, she threw it downwards. It was a powerful throw because I was sitting across the table and the pieces of the porcelain actually reached my legs. Suddenly, someone, I am assuming is the manager, came up to her and said in a disapproving manner "If you throw your plate I am not going to give you anymore plates. You might hurt somebody". For a moment, Rashmi was stunned. That was just about the rudest thing a manager could say to a paying customer. You only give out threats like this to kids, not to a bunch of working adults. So, that little incident spoilt her day. That aside, the tiramisu there is really nice. And Perd was given a free tiramisu since it was his birthday. He sure enjoyed his dinner with anna-ther person...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home