::.. Monday, August 02, 2004 ..::

The weather today was real great! Rained the whole night and my room felt like the aircond was on. And no, it wasn't on. Really. Had to really drag myself out of bed.

Was talking to my parents last night, and even up to now, my parents are still trying to convince me to consider other options for my career. Sigh. Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore because I have sent in my acceptance letter back to them. So yeah, another 3 weeks and I'll be at OBS, trying to survive the next 3 weeks. I wonder how will I survive 3 weeks without civilization. Not only no internet (horrors), but also no heated water, some days without showers, shitholes (literally)... looks like fun days lie ahead.

My phone price has dropped by 140 dollars from the price I bought it for. That is about a drop of about 50%. Luckily, I can console myself by the fact that my other phone option has dropped down to almost the price of two novels. However, it's still a good phone. In fact, both are good phones. Both have the executive look. But mine is still the best. Haha.

Finally was well enough to go for a run this evening. The last time I went for a run was one week ago! I'm such a slacker. But managed to clock in a better time this round... 2 rounds for 17:48. Not bad yeh? Of course, don't have to rub in the fact that it is only 3.4 km instead of the 6 km which I thought it was before last week. Still, an improvement of 2+ minutes. Nonetheless, I have to be whipped into shape soon. Hmmm I wonder how those guys in E Company did 6 miles uphill and downhill in 25 minutes. Madness...

Looks like we are not going to stay in this flat beyond one year. Too many complications such as me going overseas, Ris also going overseas, Long wanting to buy a flat with his brother... Such a waste because this is a really nice place and the price is good too. Although the location here can be a bit of a problem because it is a bit too far away from town. Maybe the next place I will want to stay would be Toa Payoh, AMK, Novena, or somewhere in the east... for obvious reasons.

And yes... my current book is lasting longer than The Kid. I think I will finish it on my bus ride back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home