::.. Friday, December 24, 2004 ..::

Don't go rushing off to check your eyes now. Yes, the time showing when I'm posting this is correct. Today is a halfday! Hooray! And how did I spend the first hour of it? Shoot-o of course. Shoot-o meaning Winning 11. P/S 2 is a God-sent. I managed to squeeze in an hour plus a day for shoot-o during a week where we had a test everyday, and I still managed to pass all of them! Damn, I'm good...

Two cadets were kicked out of the junior course just this week. Another 2 bite the dust... And we heard that there is another 40-cadets course coming in around March. Given the number of people they are taking in, we are just mere numbers. For every seat we are plonking our lucky asses on in class, there are another 100 just waiting to take our place.

My housemate was complaining that his new laptop was crawling like a slug. So, he brought in on Thursday for another guy to take a look at it. Sure enough, it was running at 100% right from startup. Using adaware gave me a shock of my life. Normally, there will be about 5 cookies on my computer. Harmless ones. But his scan returned more than 500 spywares! Damn! That was the most I have ever seen. And the best part was that the spyware was so entrenched into the system that removing it by adaware won't help. It just reinstalls itself when the computer reboots. My friend refuses to format the computer because it is a sign of defeat. So, good luck to him in cleaning up the computer.

Meanwhile, I am going to laze around for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home