::.. Saturday, January 29, 2005 ..::

It's been a crazy week of fighting off mosquitoes while I sleep! Seletar mosquitoes are more ninja than even Lumut mosquitoes. At least those in Lumut will be scared off by mosquito coils, but not our friends over in Seletar. They attack in swarms! The worst was on Sunday night when I woke up and killed 7 mosquitoes, leaving my hands all bloody. Literally bloody. Couldn't take it anymore and decided to switch on the aircond for Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Shhh... not allowed actually.

On Thursday, a girl decided to drive her car into the drain opposite my house. Maybe not purpose, but being a female driver, it just could have been. Anyway, I digress. Shall divulge more on female drivers on another post. The car must have been speeding when it was coming out of the car park because the wheel was left hanging over the drain quite a distant from the pavement. Being a female driver, and not a bad looking one if I may add, a whole swarm of guys came over to help. Most to eye power, both the car and the girl. We couldn't do anything much to get it out without damaging the under-carriage, so she called AA. While we headed off to our homes, my classmate told her "We'll be going off now. If you need anything, just call us. We live around here only." So, we headed off home to have our usual round of shoot-o, when we heard her call us around 730pm. She came all the way to our house, thanked my friend, and what did our hero do? Nothing. Sigh, that's sad man.

More guys from the previous batch will be joining our batch for next week since they got their results. 13 of them passed, with the remaining 6 with partial passes. And they crashed and burned in subjects like Airlaw, Met, which are all mugging subjects. That's why I don't believe in last minute mugging... speaking of mugging, next week will be my last week for classes. The following week, which happens to be CNY, will be our study week aka holiday. And my roommate is still in trouble with his studies. The problem with him is that he doesn't understand the concepts! I have taught him how to calculate the scale of a Mercator chart at different parallels of lattitudes so many times, but he still doesn't understand. Because he memorizes the steps, not the concept. If he asks me again, I am going to ask back "Can I scold you?" Haha. But it's for his own good too. We're running out of time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home