::.. Friday, May 20, 2005 ..::

Today I got a taste of what I will be experiencing in, say, 7 months from now. Was on standby today, depending on weather. If it was bad, I would have been activated. Instead, it was surprisingly good. One day of fine weather in about a week, quite a rare occasion. So, the other guy got activated instead, and since I was already at the office, I was invited for a joyride. I must have said "Yes, of course" a little bit too enthusiastically when I was asked. But who wouldn't? So, I ran back, grabbed my camera, and was back at the apron in record time.

As expected, it was a good flight. It is a whole different experience as compared to what I have right now. Attitude is different, everything is happening so much faster, and of course, being a joyride, I didn't have to bother about a thing. Just had to enjoy the view, and hope that my camera memory did not run out halfway.

Back at my room now with a load of photos and videos. Would put them up now, but somehow, there seems to be something wrong with my photo links. No, my HTML is still fine. It's just the links. At the end of the flight, my instructor asked if I enjoyed the flight, and if it scared me of what is yet to come. Hearing that from him, I don't know if I should be scared or not. Geez...

Snapping back to reality, our medicals are finally here. And I really mean finally. It was 3 weeks since we sent the request, but somehow, the other party didn't receive our request. Luckily, I decided to check on the situation on Tuesday, and found out about it. Otherwise, I think will be waiting for the medicals till the cows come home. And it took them only 2 days to get them here. Alright, I take everything about lazy sluggish locals back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home