::.. Saturday, July 16, 2005 ..::

After a week of mundane days, I finally had quite an exciting day. Here goes..

Woke up early at 7AM to pick up a friend from the airport. He had to go back to renew his currency with his helicopter. After that, came back to sleep even more.

Okay, the morning wasn't that great. But the afternoon was better. Went to the training area and, with phase 1 done, had a small tour of the area. Finally, I had the chance to really enjoy the view and check out some of the routes that I will be taking in future.

Then, there was an emergency flight back into the airport. Apparently an aircraft couldn't lower its landing gear. So, it was going back to the airport with emergency vehicles all waiting. Having heard that on the radio, I quickly headed back home otherwise I would have to wait around for another 1/2 hour, which might go past last light. And that means a report for me. More paperwork...

Anyway, I was the last aircraft allowed to land before THE aircraft came in. Main landing gear did not come down, so it made a belly landing. It came in quite good, just that it landed on its belly instead of the landing gear. The moment the plane came to a stop on the runway, all the fire engines were around it. Could not see much from the college, but I figure the pilot was alright.

I guess the runway will be closed tomorrow morning.

Dinner at Freo after being confined to barracks due to lack of transportation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home