::.. Tuesday, August 30, 2005 ..::

Finally a day of clear weather! But the problem today was not the clouds, the rain, the thunderstorms, the sorts. Instead, it was the winds. That's the story of the month, if it is clear, it is too windy. If not, it is just a gloomy, overcast and rainy day. So, my friend and I were just camping in the Ops Room waiting for the winds to die down. But no light at the end of the tunnel in sight until very close to my ETD. After spending close to 20 minutes convincing the instructor in charge that I am capable of handling the situation, I eagerly jumped into the aircraft. Time to crank the engines. Not just the aircraft's engines, but also my flying mind. It has been rotting for the past 10 days sitting around doing nothing.

All was good, until I was about to leave, only to hear the broadcast saying that the winds have picked up again. It was back to the original wind speeds! Those mofos at the tower must been sniggering to themselves thinking of the idiots like me starting up just to shut down again. Anyway, my friend still managed to go up because he is a certified ace pilot.

So, here I am blogging out what happened today. I think I'll go for a run later. With the crazy petrol prices these days, I just might actually need use of my legs again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home