::.. Wednesday, September 07, 2005 ..::

I'm stuck right in the middle of the most crap weather these few months. It has been just days and days of rain and gale-strong winds. Which means days and days of sitting around and praying for better weather.

I posted previously about a coursemate who went back home to get his wisdom tooth extracted. It was roughly two weeks ago. And everyone is pretty much at where we were two weeks ago. That is how bad it has been.

Having said that, I must say that I am going to miss the cold, crisp, winter mornings. Although it does get very, very cold at times and my skinny ass gets frozen just by walking out of my room, I find it very relaxing and comfortable. Definitely much more comfortable than the hot, humid tropical weather. I dread going back to that climate. Even now with spring coming, I think it is going to be tough adjusting to the heat. But at least the change is gradual. Mother nature is much more forgiving in that sense. I still remember after my Eurotrip, I almost melted when the MRT doors opened at Clementi. Reality bit, hard. But I digress. With summer coming, gone will be the days of calm, turbulent-free flights. The feeling you get when you are 4000' AGL on a winter morning, just looking down at the lakes and green paddocks is surreal. Soon, it will be sweating at 4000' AGL looking down at dried lakes and brown paddocks.

Yet another batch of newbies have arrived. Which means, yet another welcome party and... you got it, pizza night.

Got a new set of hub caps for my ride. Car looks good now.

Speaking of cars, I would like to introduce TwoDoorsUp's car, a Nissan Skyline. But at first glance, you may think to yourself, hey, this doesn't look like a Skyline. But it is! It's just freaking old! Or, vintage, he may say. And when you sit in his car, you will be even more convinced that it is not a Skyline. I think I am doing Skyline a great injustice by calling TwoDoorsUp's car a Skyline. From today onwards, it shall be known as Ol' Betsy. I like the ring to that name. I think it likes it too. Ol' Betsy it is then.

1 Comments:

Blogger ana said...

I can't believe you have your own car there... Haha! Hey, if I ever make my way down there, will u haf the time to show me ard? (Newae this is a hypothetical question cuz I dun think I'll ever make it there =p.)

12:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home