::.. Monday, September 05, 2005 ..::

YC recently complained that he has been labeled as grumpy.

You are talking to the real grump around here.

Sometimes, I get really worked up that I tend to snap at people. Which is so unlike me. Or, was so unlike me. I think it is the workload that has been piling up lately. That is the problem with having too many "ECAs". Reminds me of what one of the other cadets brought up recently when management decided to implement more work for us. He said with the never-ending work given to us, how are we supposed to actually concentrate on the real reason we are here. Is management going to be more forgiving for someone who is distracted due to these ECAs? I doubt it.

So, with more work, welcome Mr Hyde.

I don't remember feeling this frustrated and angry for a long time. Maybe the last time was back in secondary school. Yes, I was an angry kid.

Oh, a bit of stress back in JC too. Came with the title I got when I was shipped over.

And then, university was my chill out time. That must have explained my results. I don't blame one of the interviewers when he remarked that although I did well in secondary school and in JC, I seemed to have "lost my way in university".

But now, it is back.

At times, I really have to make a conscious effort to cool down, take a deep breath, and look at the situation at hand.

Okay, my new resolution is to change my way of expressing my frustration: silence. Instead of letting out everything by snapping at people, I think I shall just keep quiet. Sort of like when I am absolutely drunk, I will just concuss at one corner instead of yelling gibberish. So, likewise, when I am absolutely angry, I shall just keep quiet. I think people will appreciate it more too.

Nonetheless...

I need to relinquish some duties soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger ana said...

Eh, the interviewer so mean! Not as if grades matter in the end when they compare who'll make the better pilot wat, rite!

Go, Daniel, go! No more Mr Nice Guy!

5:19 pm  
Blogger Geek said...

wah daniel the grumps. you grumpy meh. never really saw the grumpy side in uni.

if u keep quiet when u get mad u may get a heart attack.

yc

11:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home