::.. Sunday, October 09, 2005 ..::

Roommate and TwoDoorsUp have gone for their weekly dance classes. RealSkyline, ChickenNehNeh and Shadow are having a barbeque, but not before clearing out the fridge. EagleBoy has gone to entertain his "friend". SIA has gone to Subiaco. Apalasiong is in town with his wife. RockMat is nowhere to be seen. The same goes with Hansem. That left only four people from my course having dinner together just now. That was a sad sight. I hope I won't be one of four people remaining of the course in a few months time having dinner together.

Operation Down South failed yesterday. Hope to have better luck tomorrow.

The whole room is to myself now. It is going to be like this for quite a while once the express-train Roommate leaves this place. And with that, I can just play any song I like. And some songs that bring back secondary school times:

1. Third Eye Blind: Deep Inside You
2. Blur: Song2
3. Wallflowers: One Headlight
4. Goo Goo Dolls: Name
5. Garbage: Only Happy When It Rains
6. Gin Blossoms: Till I Hear It From You
7. Cranberries: Zombie
8. Smashing Pumpkins: 1979
9. Robbie Williams: Millennium
10. Oasis: Wonderwall

I was once teased by a friend of mine, a few years younger than me, that my music list is full of oldies. Of course, I defended the songs. But when you think of it, it really has been that long. A decade. Wow, time sure flies by really fast. I can almost see myself as the nerdy kid with glasses who burried himself in books who never really had a world beyond the classrooms: school and tuition. If I could go back in time, I would tell that kid to get out of the classroom more and just have a go at life. There is more to life than books! But I can't. That kid's long gone. What is left is a 25 year old kid who is looking into his biography book with blank pages, which could have been filled up with so much more.

Nonetheless...

There should be, I hope, many more years ahead. And the book has many pages to be filled. I hope they will be as colourful, if not more, as the ones before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home