::.. Sunday, July 09, 2006 ..::

Contrary to popular belief, this blog is has not been abandoned. Yet.

The parents came down over the weekend to check out on their only son. The condition of the flat passed their test. Good thing I cleaned it up before they arrived. It would have never passed on any other day.

With the parents over I decided to grab some last minute clothing from the GSS. The cousin, who came down with the Uncle and Aunt, did some major shopping as well. Bought a t-shirt from FCUK (typed it wrongly the first time, think I use it too often) which cost 50 bucks. First thought would be that it is a reasonably priced t-shirt, but when you multiply it to the ringgit equivalent, that is my secondary school allowance for 2 months. Or even more, if you consider lower secondary. He also got himself two pairs of shoes that looked quite good actually.

When I look at how he spends money, I can't help but wonder if I was like that before. I think I was. I mean, I spent 500 bucks without blinking on the LCD monitor, 660 bucks on my ticket to Paris and 1000 bucks on my digital camera with the extras. And that was before I started to earn my own money. I guess it is true that you are more reluctant to spend money that you earned.

He should move down to Singapore soon and live on his own.

One more week of ground studies before I start my enforced break.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ris said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:44 am  
Blogger Ris said...

don't calculate after shopping, it's not good for health.. hahaa...

I think I'm the opposite, spend much much more since earning my own money, but was reluctant when it was my parents'.

11:47 am  
Blogger ana said...

Wow!! Ris comes from a rare breed! Eh, actually I'm also like that, haha... See, we are thoughtful ppl!!

11:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home