::.. Tuesday, July 18, 2006 ..::

From today onwards, TwoDoorsUp shall now be known as OppositeDoor.

Yesterday, OppositeDoor and I went over to City Hall to get our shoe rack, only to find out that it is out of stock. Okay, maybe I will check out some other shops nearer our place. No point going all the way to town just to find there is nothing there.

During the long walk from the MRT station to Suntec, we came across a group of primary school children. Probably a school trip to the underground shopping mall. Then, I remarked that one of the surprises that I found out when I came to Singapore was that their school trips were always to places such as Australia, UK, France or Germany. If it is not one of the above, it will be some even more exotic place. Maybe I am generalizing this. I am sure some other schools have more down-to-earth school trips. The schools that organize overseas trips are probably the rich independent schools. But nonetheless, trips like these were unheard of back in Malaysia. I remember the best school trip I ever had was the trip to the Planetarium.

I guess I am just getting old.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ris said...

hey, i was in indp school, but i never went to those places ler.

1:08 am  
Blogger Daniel said...

Ok, that means we are both old.

1:34 pm  
Blogger ana said...

Erm... I was from an autonomous school, and I went to Thailand for my History trip. Does that count?

11:54 pm  
Blogger ana said...

Erm... and Thailand is exotic, yes? And when I was at my neighbourhood JC, I went to Sarawak for my GP trip too. Another exotic destination?

But to be fair, we also had a Geog trip to Australia and a Lit trip to UK.

11:56 pm  
Blogger Ris said...

how come i onli got to go science ctr and sungei buloh?

10:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home