::.. Friday, November 03, 2006 ..::

I was walking outside Taka with TheGirl yesterday night when we were approached by one of those dreaded people armed with a writing pad and a pen. Sometimes, they are financial advisors, or insurance agents, or people selling charity coupons. This time, it is a young guy who offered TheGirl and I a chance each to win some free things. TheGirl won a 25 dollar voucher from Isetan, while I won (wow) a free seven night stay at a five-star hotel at a country listed in the voucher, like Portugal, Australia, Spain, etc.

How could I resist? I want a seven night stay at a five-star hotel at a country like Portugal, Australia and Spain. But, of course nothing is free. We will have to attend an exhibition which, according to TheGirl, is aimed at selling tour packages.

The guy amused me a lot. He probably just finished his O-Levels (he took biology) and this should be his part-time job. And when he gave me a piece of paper to scratch (to find out what I was going to win), he took a look at the scratch pad. There was a line across and you could easily see what colour the star was. And when I "won" the trip, he was a hell lot more excited than I was, going "Oh my God, you won. Oh my God, this is like a one in a thousand chance".

Probably the only reason why I wasted 20 minutes of my life there.

On another note, TheGirl bought the K800i. I am very tempted to steal it from her.

And today, I woke up at 11AM when the planner told me that there is a last minute training trip to Bangkok and whether I was free for it. At first, I said yes. If I can expedite my training, why not right? Maybe I was too blur (hey I just woke up) and I forgot that I was going to reach back late, and will miss my date with TheGirl. So I called back and said I can't make it. No big deal. But didn't feel good.

And just when I got over it, she called back and said there was a later training trip to Jakarta.

Such is life...

1 Comments:

Blogger Ris said...

that scam has happened for many years. u always win the big prize, n the promoters have been taught to react super-excited and make u feel like the luckiest person in the world.

2:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home