::.. Friday, January 05, 2007 ..::

So the New Year passed with me being in Dubai. The second time in a week. I actually wanted to be up for the clock to strike 12 but I hit the sack at about 11PM since I had an early wake-up call the next day. Nonetheless, the fireworks woke me up at midnight which sounded like bombs going off outside my room. Emerged unscathed anyway.

TheGirl has moved to Punggol. Which means the bus guide is my best friend again, looking for the shortest and easiest route to and fro. Found one way which takes about the same time to travel from her old place, but not as tiring since there is less walking distance. Most of the time is spent waiting for the bus or the MRT.

And now it is time to find a way to go back for CNY. This is the most stressful time of the year where everyone is trying to find a way to get home. All the train tickets are sold out. So have most of the reputable bus companies. The remaining ones are selling tickets at almost twice the usual price. And not only that, they will change buses at the border which means that these companies are sub-contracting other bus companies to send us back to KL. Normally this means that we enjoy the great "super-VIP" buses until the border, then it's back to a normal bus. And we pay a whole lot more. Considered flying, since I have staff travel to go back at a higher price than taking the train or bus, but a much more convenient way from my place. But, TheGirl will be paying through her teeth for the same ticket. Was considering crossing the border to take a domestic flight back but it is also very expensive.

So, planes, trains and automobiles have all been covered. Time to make a decision.

And it is times like these that I really wished I had my own car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home