::.. Monday, February 26, 2007 ..::

I am bored, so I am reading Wikipedia, looking up some information that were conveniently left out in our secondary school history books. I found this:

Remember JWW Birch who was killed in Perak by the local hero Dato Maharajalela? Well, apparently, Dato M was a slave trader who sells orang asli, and when JWW Birch outlawed slavery, he wasn't too happy. So, that was why Dato M killed the white man. I never knew Dato M was a slave trader. Wasn't mentioned in our text books.

Of course, the source of this information is not really very reliable. Maybe our books are right after all.

2 Comments:

Blogger ana said...

Wah! So interesting!

The only reason why I remember JW Birch is cuz I heard that he was murdered when he was bathing. Heheh...

8:20 pm  
Blogger Ris said...

who???

4:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home