::.. Thursday, July 19, 2007 ..::

Alright then, so I have three full days in Kuwait with no friends around. Which leaves me with absolutely no excuse to not update my blog. So here goes.

After much harassment (I kid) I decided to see what this whole rss thing is all about. Looks pretty interesting, so I searched for the option in blogger which is supposed to exist. But I can't find it. End of interest.

I was in China and as usual, the air quality was horrible. I am having a little bit of a cough and sniffles and I bet it was due to the air over there. I wonder how the people there survive. Probably with those nose covers that people back home used to laugh at. Ain't no laughing matter anymore.

Next trip was to LA, traveling in ECONOMY class with a stop over at Narita Tokyo. After 19 hours, I pretty much had to peel my knees from my chin before I could get out of my seat. The rest of the crew went ahead except for one of my coursemates who waited for me while I went through the secondary screening (as usual). So, we took a cab to the hotel which was a whopping USD30. Now, to get to town from the hotel I bet it will cost 50 bucks. That would be about the price for renting a pretty decent car for one day. Next time I go there with a long layover, I plan to head over to Vegas. That would be cool.

Then, a couple of stops in Brussels followed by Amsterdam has led me to being in Kuwait right now. That's right, you can pick up your jaws from the floor now. And as you guessed it, there is nothing to see here! Okay, people will argue that there has to be things to do and I am just plain lazy to go explore. Fine, I am lazy. But I being so close to Iraq (we could actually see the lights of Baghdad in the horizon as we came into Kuwait), I don't plan to appear on CNN in orange pullovers with hooded men behind me. No sir. There are better ways to appear on CNN. So, it's now 830AM and I guess I will hit the gym before going for the free breakfast. Time to burn off those pints of Belgian beer.

Till tomorrow, if I have got anything interesting to blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home