::.. Tuesday, August 07, 2007 ..::

Ok, so I couldn't blog in Dubai. I didn't have much time there, and I was totally knackered by the time I reached there.

This trip, I had FOUR long days in Amsterdam. Despite the apparent lousy Dutch weather, I was still able to take a look around this city. First day was a trip to the Anne Frank House. For Euro 7.50, you get to see the house that Anne Frank lived in until her family got captured and thrown into the concentration camps. We spent one hour queuing up to get in, and half an hour actually inside.

Next, we went to the Van Gogh Museum which supposedly houses the most number of the artist's works. We actually spent TWO hours looking at art works. I feel so cultured now.

From the arty farty world of Amsterdam, my next stop was Madras. A totally different world, avoiding huge puddles of water, zipping in between traffic in rickety tuk-tuks and eating unknown food. But, books are cheap here and I helped myself to three novels at the price of 10 Singapore dollars each. What a bargain. Other than that, I stuck to my room and only poked my head out to grab something to munch on.

So I am back in Singapore now. Will be watching The King And I on Wednesday. Hope it will be good. Good thing there won't be Bendul in this version.

Went to catch The Simpsons in the cinemas on Sunday. Was good for laughs, especially with kids everywhere reminding you where to laugh. They only forgot to laugh at one point where Homer said that Maggie was the best mistake that ever happened to him. Just a few nervous laughters from parents were heard.

On Thursday night, I will be off again. Once again, to Dubai. Like I mentioned before, it is officially my second home. Amsterdam will be my third. I think KL would be somewhere around fourth. Almost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home