::.. Tuesday, August 14, 2007 ..::

Well, Dubai, my second home, is sizzling hot as usual. At night, it is about 38 deg Celcius. Don't bother asking how hot it is during the day.

According to BBC, there will be some meteor showers these few days. Apparently, it is supposed to be one of the best for the next few decades. I watched this while I was in Amsterdam. Initially, I thought that I was going to miss the shower in Amsterdam because I was going to fly to Dubai in the evening. However, little did I know that I was going to have the best seat for the shower: at 35,000 ft in the dark skies. Either the TV commentator was exagerating or the meteor shower was concentrating more towards the UK because yeah, there were quite a number of really large meteorites, but not exactly that spectacular. Was a great view nonetheless, especially without all the light pollution that beseiges Singapore all the time.

So, tomorrow I am going back to Amsterdam. If weather permits, I may just take a trip down to the Amsterdam Arena. They have guided tours throughout the day and hopefully, I will be able to catch a glimpse of the team going through their training routine. If not, it should be a relaxing trip out of the city.

Will be back in Singapore this weekend for... one entire week!

That includes 4 days of reserved duty where I am on standby, but looking at the size of the crew, I am not exactly holding my breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home