::.. Wednesday, September 19, 2007 ..::

A colleague of mine who travels to Perth often because of HisGirl mentioned that he was going to pay the college a visit soon. When he said that, I almost asked him to say hi to....

Yeah that's the problem. I can't seem to find a name to put into the gap. After I left the college, a host of other instructors left. My two main instructors were among them. One of them actually left the same day that I did. The other left a few months ago only. They seem to be doing well. I am still in contact with one of them, who is actually younger than I am. He is flying further up north in WA together with a few other guys who were instructors in the college too. The other guy is flying for the regional arm of Qantas. He was initially supposed to come up to Singapore but he found it impossible to live in Singapore on a cadet's pay with a family of two kids and another on the way. It must have been difficult for him to abandon his dreams at that time. But looks like things have a strange way of working out.

If I do go back to Perth on a flight, maybe I'll go back there. Just to see how things have changed.

I bougth a Phoenix card from the grocery shop this morning to call home. While talking on the phone a while ago, I noticed that the picture on the card has changed. There used to have a rather happy guy with black hair on it. Now, the guy has blonde hair. Maybe he bleached his hair.

Went back to the simulator yesterday. Was very rusty. Hopefully things will iron out for the big sim day next Friday.

Mum has retired from work. She will be 56 years old tomorrow.

Happy birthday and happy retirement!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home