::.. Tuesday, September 04, 2007 ..::

Where was I?

Doesn't matter. Left Singapore last Sunday, and will be reaching back home after 10 days. A bit longer than expected due to some unforseen changes.

So, in total, I have spent 6 full days in Dubai. If it weren't too hot, I would have gone to the Burj al-Arab or maybe dune bashing. Too bad I can only last a maximum of 5 minutes under the direct sunlight. Do not believe the news when they say the temperature is only oh-39 degrees Celcius or something. It is definitely hotter than that.

Had the chance to visit Brussels this time. And I had company as well, two of my coursemates were there too. They arrived after me and left before me. Like I said, I am on a paid holiday. Now that I am pretty familiar with Brussels, the next time I have some time there, I may take a train to one of the towns outside the city. Or maybe a train to Paris. Sounds like fun.

Bought a new Samsonite suitcase to replace the old softcover one I had which was dying. And on the first trip out with this new suitcase, it just had to be bashed by the handlers. Well, I guess they didn't like the fact that it looked so new. It looks pretty seasoned now.

It is going to be ten years after leaving JC. And our class is having a mini reunion at one of our classmate's place. It should be nice to meet up with all the guys, some of whom I have not met since leaving the school.

Meanwhile, mum is retiring soon. So, mum and dad are going to visit East Europe as a retirement treat. Been giving them some tips on how to handle the east.

Couple more hours till I leave Dubai. Which is, based on number of days I have been to lately, my second home. If I am here anymore, I suspect I may have to pay taxes here. Sadly, KL is way down my "home" list. Way down.

I should go home once in a while...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home